Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Dear Mum,

I can't believe its been 523 days since you left this world.
I remember it like it was only yesterday, as I awoke suddenly as you took your last breaths.
I remember the instant devestatation that fell over me, the thought that I would never hear your voice, or feel your arms around me again.
Your soul had already left us, but as I sat beside you.. singing some of our songs.
I hoped that if I squeezed your hand tight enough, or begged any harder you would come back to me.
But it wasn't too be.
There are no words for how much I love you.
There will never be anything that can describe how much I miss you.
How at times I am so angry, so sad, cynical, bitter and depressed that you had to leave when you did.
At 49 years of age, you did not deserve to die.
But no one ever deserves to die.

You were the best mum anyone could have ever asked for.
I didn't always know that.. But I know that now and thats what's important.
Some days I wake up and still don't believe that you are gone.
I know that might sound stupid but its the truth.. sometimes I know I can feel you with me... When I need you the most. But so much of the time I feel alone.
I know that a peice of me will always be missing without you here.
But as you said, life must go on and we must learn how to be happy again.
I don't always follow those words of advice, but I ALWAYS try to.

I will always do my best to honor your memory..
To remember your face, your voice, the way you smelt and the way you would hold me when I was upset.

You are, and always will be the most important person in my life.
Who guided and will continue to guide me down this tricky road called life.

I miss you.
I love you now, and always.

Your daughter,

Caragh

xxx

One of our many songs-

Joan Baez- Forever Young

May God bless and keep you always.
May your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.

May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
And may you stay
Forever young.

May you grow up to be rightous.
May you grow up to be true.
May you always know the truth
And see the light surrounding you.

May you always be courageous,
Stand upright, and be strong
And may you stay
Forever young.

Forever young.
Forever young.
May you stay
Forever young.

May your hands always be busy.
May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation
When the winter changes shift.

May your heart always be joyful.
May your song always be sung
And may you stay
Forever young.

Forever young.
Forever young.
May you stay
Forever young.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually had tears in my eyes reading this xo.